ESSENTIAL ADVICE AS AT MONDAY 20 JULY 2020
- A ‘State of Emergency’ is currently in place in Victoria.
- Stage 3 (Stay at Home) Public Health Restrictions apply to residents in metropolitan Melbourne* and/or Mitchell Shire for six weeks from midnight Wednesday 8th July 2020.
- Victorians in metropolitan Melbourne* and/or Mitchell Shire will only be permitted to leave home for the following four reasons:
- Work or study (if you can’t work from home)
- Care or care giving
- Daily exercise (within metropolitan Melbourne)
- Buying food and other essentials
- Face coverings are mandatory for persons outside their home or vehicle for one of the four above reasons from Thursday 23rd July 2020.
- Persons who fail to wear a face covering outside a home or vehicle exemptions for one of the four reasons may incur a $200 fine. Exemptions apply for persons who are:
- under 12 years of age,
- performing strenuous exercise (e.g. running, not walking),
- medically unable to wear a face covering
- Other restrictions apply to Victorians in metropolitan Melbourne* and/or Mitchell Shire under the Stage 3 Restrictions:
- Visitors are not permitted in homes
- Public gatherings are limited to two persons and/or family members
- Retail outlets are subject to density restrictions
- Cafes, restaurants and bars are limited to take-away only
- For detailed information on preventative hygiene measures go to coronavirus.vic.gov.au & australia.gov.au
- If you believe that you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please call 1800 675 398
- * metropolitan Melbourne includes the following local government areas:
|Greater Dandenong||Moonee Valley||Yarra Ranges|
SUPPORT FOR INDIVIDUALS AND HOUSEHOLDS
- JobKeeper wage subsidy (CLICK HERE)
- Centrelink supplements for households (CLICK HERE)
- Centrelink income support payments (CLICK HERE)
- Apprentices and trainees (CLICK HERE, pg 5)
- Early access to superannuation (CLICK HERE)
- New Victorian job opportunities and job-matching (CLICK HERE)
BANKING – HOME LOAN DEFERRALS
- The major four Australian banks have announced that home loan customers experiencing financial challenges due to the coronavirus will be able to pause their repayments for up to six months. You can contact the major banks on the following numbers:
- ANZ: 1800 351 548
- CBA: 133 095
- NAB: 1300 683 106
- Westpac: 132 032
EMERGENCY FOOD RELIEF
- Vulnerable Victorians who are required to self isolate, due to the coronavirus, are eligible to receive a two week supply of essential goods.
- The relief packages will include items like: long life milk, pasta, cereal, canned vegetables and sugar. Personal care packages will also be provided. They will include items like: soap, toothpaste and deodorant. Households with young children may be eligible to receive nappies and baby formula.
- Packages can be access through the Coronovirus Hotline: 1800 675 398
HELP FOR BUSINESSES
- Boosting cash flow for employees (CLICK HERE)
- Temporary relief for financially distressed businesses (CLICK HERE)
- Support for sole traders (CLICK HERE)
- Payroll tax refund for the 2019-20 financial year to small and medium-sized businesses with payroll of less than $3 million and deferral of payroll tax for the first three months of the 2020/21 financial year until 1 January 2021 (CLICK HERE)
- For further information on the package:
- The Australian banks have announced that they will defer loan repayments for small businesses affected by the coronavirus for six months. This announcement is welcome news in Victoria, where the 600,000 small businesses are the human face of our economy.
- Call banks for more information on:
- ANZ: 1800 351 548
- CBA: 132 607
- NAB: 1300 769 650
- Westpac: 132 142
MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT
- Our mental health is as important as our physical health.
- Call these support lines if assistance is needed:
- Beyond Blue 1300 22 46 36
- Lifeline 13 11 14
ENTER YOUR DETAILS BELOW TO SUBSCRIBE TO FUTURE UPDATES
1,724 total views, 1 views today