30 April 2019
Mr WAKELING (Ferntree Gully) – The Andrews government will shortly be handing down their state budget. Whilst the federal government has recently committed to providing significant funding commitments to upgrade facilities in my community, including upgrades to car parks at Ferntree Gully and Boronia stations, traffic lights at the corner of Lewis and Boronia roads, important upgrades to local roads and the construction of the long-awaited Dorset Road extension, the Andrews government has not provided any funding commitments to upgrade important infrastructure in terms of our roads or educational facilities.
I call upon this government in this year’s budget to provide vitally needed funds:
- to install the much-needed traffic lights on the corner of McMahons Road and Burwood Highway, Ferntree Gully;
- for the stage 1 upgrade at Fairhills High School in Ferntree Gully;
- to upgrade Scoresby Secondary College as well as Wantirna South Primary School;
- an upgrade of the Ferntree Gully station to provide a much-needed covered area on the city-bound platform,
- a new CFA station in Scoresby; and
- funds to upgrade our environmental works in Koolunga, Blind Creek and at the Blind Creek Billabong.
T hese are important works that the residents of Knox urgently need.