Skills to secure Victoria’s future
The Napthine Government is reskilling workers into new and growing industry sectors, making a major investment in schools and furthering support for students with disabilities.
Investing in our schools
The schools package supports Victorian students, investing:
- $564 million for schools to raise performance with targeted funding for disadvantaged students.
- $273 million for more resources for students with disabilities.
- $691 million to help schools cater for more students as a result of population growth.
- $32 million for bus services to transport students with disabilities.
In addition, the Napthine Government will provide $500 million to build and upgrade government schools, including:
- 12 new schools, three schools of which will be built in regional Victoria; and
- $271 million for school upgrades and improvements.
Investing in the skills that lead to jobs
The Budget provides $1.2 billion per year for vocational education and training.
Investing in vocational education and training will boost Victoria’s workforce capability and assist workers to transition into new and growing industries.
Workers seeking to upgrade their skills will have more opportunities to secure jobs in the growth sectors of the Victorian economy.
The Napthine Government is also investing $30 million in training for automotive and supply chain workers.
“We are investing an additional $5.4 billion for schools to deliver high quality schools and education.” – Denis Napthine MP, Premier