Infrastructure to build prosperity
The Napthine Government is delivering a program of job-creating major infrastructure projects that will transform Victoria.
The Napthine Government will build a better Victoria by improving liveability, creating new jobs and boosting the productivity of our local industries as they compete globally.
Victoria’s major transport infrastructure projects of up to $24 billion will deliver tens of thousands new jobs – from office-based engineering and design roles to onsite roadworks and building and construction jobs, plus the small businesses that support them.
New Rail infrastructure and more services
- The Melbourne Rail Link will transform our rail network and create 3700 new jobs at its peak of construction.
- A new rail tunnel from South Yarra to Southern Cross Station will significantly increase transport capacity and reliability for Melbourne’s growth areas.
- The Airport Rail Link will connect Melbourne Airport to Southern Cross Station delivering a reliable, convenient and efficient rail link with services every 10 minutes during peak hours.
- $2-2.5 billion Cranbourne-Pakenham Rail Corridor project will significantly improve rail services for one in every ten Melburnians.
- The largest level crossing removal program on record, with funding for delivery or planning of 40 level crossing removals and grade separations.
New Roads and better connectivity
- East West Link will relieve chronic traffic congestion in Melbourne’s inner north and west, unlocking the western suburbs growth corridor.
- CityLink-Tulla Widening will add a minimum of one extra lane to each side of the freeway as well as an additional lane for traffic heading inbound on the Bolte Bridge.
- Princes Highway West duplication – $362 million to duplicate 37 kilometres of highway between Winchelsea and Colac.
“Transforming the way Victoria moves will grow the economy, create jobs and better link people, products and markets.” – Denis Napthine MP, Premier